Monday, July 28, 2014

It must be magic: Zapp's Voodoo Chips

I have no witty introductions this time. Honestly, I just want to start talking about how great this chip is.

A cousin to Zapp's other New Orleans' specialties, the Voodoo Chips have quite an interesting pattern on the bag.

Zapp's New Orleans Kettle Style VOODOO Chips
I haven't seen so many voodoo dolls since three of my friends all got dumped in the same week back in high school. But they add to the mystique of the chips, and certainly do catch the eye. Maybe you need some help first picking up a bag, but later, you'll need help putting it down.

Intentional or not, I taste two different kinds of chips in this. I like to think it's intentional (a sort of "hocus pocus" type of thing) and not that my taste buds are untrustworthy. The initial taste is rather vinegary, awakening the palate, if you will. But then you start to think, "Wait, this tastes like barbeque, too."

Salt & Vinegar to BBQ with the sweet constant of Kettle flavorings. A tasty transformation sans the witch's cauldron.

If I had to say a negative, it would probably be the greasy factor, which is a tad high. Otherwise, a great snack for when you just can't decide which chip type you wanna munch on today.

Rating: 8. Zapp's knows what they're doing when it comes to Orleans' style chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment